I know I keep repeating that this is so easy to make. But trust me I do not like to cook dishes that take a long time to cook. Seriously. Talks apart this dish is very versatile. You can use any vegetable for your choice. Here I have used fresh button mushrooms, Green peas and fresh fenugreek leaves or methi.
- Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
- Red Chillies - 2
- Vegetable Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
- Button Mushroom - 1 packet (15-20 mushrooms)
- Fenugreek Leaves - 1 bunch
- Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Green Chillies - 1-2
- Haldi - a pinch
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Cut each mushroom into four pieces. Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly in water and chop them fine.
- Heat vegetable oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds and red chillies.
- When they splutter add the mushrooms, methi and the green peas(I used frozen) and salt and stir.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend coconut, green chillies, Jeera, Haldi and Garlic into a fine paste.
- Open the lid and add this masala and without stirring let it cook with the lid closed for 3 more minutes.
- Now open and stir till all the masala is blended well and then let it cook for an additional 5 more minutes.
- Check if the mushroom and methi are well cooked. Serve it hot with roti or nan. Enjoy.