Monday, June 8, 2009

Egg Plant Salad

This is dedicated to all those who said that I only publish baking recipes :)

Here I am with a down to earth recipe using the "Baigan Raja". I dont know how many of you remember having seen this TV series that used to come a long time back in Doordarshan during the summer holidays.

Yes I am talking about the huge purple shaped "Baigan Raja" who used to appear in this series. Those were the days of molopoly when good or bad, kids could only watch only one channel. Nostalgia apart summer and salad go very well. Thats the reason I am posting this recipe. It is easy to make and so delicious. Goes very well with both rice and roti.



My mother-in-law has been making this from a long time now. I thought i will share this simple yet tasty recipe with all of you out there who take time off to read my recipes :)

Ingredients:

1 Egg Plant (Big)
1 Onion chopped
Corainder Leaves finely chopped
1-2 green chillied finely chopped
1-2 tbsp of Fresh yoghurt /Dahi
Salt to Taste

First and foremost poke holes into the egg plant with a knife and then apply oil all over it. Now roast the egg plant on open flame till you can see that it is done. You will know this inserting a knife into it.

Now remove it off the flame and once cooled remove the peel. Mash the egg plant and then add the rest of the ingredients. Serve cold as a side dish to complete your meal. Enjoy!

Variation: Original recipe that my mother-in-law's mom used to make, used raosted tomato's pulp instead of the Dahi that I have substituted it with. So you can use either one of the combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment