Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Methi Mushroom Matar Delight

This is not a traditional recipe. But something that I came up with when I was pressed for time. This is so easy to cook and tastes so delcious. I have a good friend who when I had got this subzi in my lunch box requested me to post the recipe since she really liked it.

I know I keep repeating that this is so easy to make. But trust me I do not like to cook dishes that take a long time to cook. Seriously. Talks apart this dish is very versatile. You can use any vegetable for your choice. Here I have used fresh button mushrooms, Green peas and fresh fenugreek leaves or methi.

Ingredients:
  • Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
  • Red Chillies - 2
  • Vegetable Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
  • Button Mushroom - 1 packet (15-20 mushrooms)
  • Fenugreek Leaves - 1 bunch
  • Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
  • Jeera - 1 tsp
  • Green Chillies - 1-2
  • Haldi - a pinch
  • Garlic - 5 cloves
Method:

  1. Cut each mushroom into four pieces. Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly in water and chop them fine.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds and red chillies.
  3. When they splutter add the mushrooms, methi and the green peas(I used frozen) and salt and stir.
  4. Close the lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile blend coconut, green chillies, Jeera, Haldi and Garlic into a fine paste.
  6. Open the lid and add this masala and without stirring let it cook with the lid closed for 3 more minutes.
  7. Now open and stir till all the masala is blended well and then let it cook for an additional 5 more minutes.
  8. Check if the mushroom and methi are well cooked. Serve it hot with roti or nan. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment