- Bread - 2-3 cups, cut into bite sized pieces
- Cold Milk - 2-3 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Raisins - A handful
- Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
- Take a pan and rest the bread pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cold milk on top of this bread pieces. Basically the bread peices should be completely immersed in the milk. Else you can add some more cold milk.
- Let the bread pieces soak in this milk for an hour or so.
- Now turn on the heat and let the milk simmer slowly. This may take some time and you may have to stir it once in a while.
- Once the bread and milk are all combined add the sugar.
- Keep stirring at this point in time and add the ghee.
- Continue stirring and ensure that the pudding does not get burnt.
- Finally add the raisins into the pudding.
- The Bread Pudding is ready to serve. Although I must say that it is better eaten cold then warm.
An interesting thing to note that this pudding is somewhat similar to the baked version except that this does not have any eggs. Enjoy your Pudding!!
P.S: You do not need to cut the sides of the bread.