This week I thought I will blog about this amazing Chocalate Brownie recipe that I tried. Trust me it is out of this world. Melt in the mouth brownie that I have ever had.
As per Wikipedia chocolate brownie is one of those inventions that was made by the sheer need of a cake that could be eaten out of hand easily. You can get all the details about the history behind this amazing american dessert here.
Now the recipe is very very simple. You will need:
- 2cups white sugar
- 1 cup Atta
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup of Butter (I used Ghee instead)
- 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 175 Dec celsius.
- Melt the butter and the unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler and set aside. Ensure that the mixture is not overly heated but just warm enough for the chocolate to have melted.
- In a bowl mix sugar, atta, eggs and vanilla essence till combined. Now add the butter-chocolate mixture and incorporate it evenly into the dry mixture.
- Finally add the chopped nuts or chocolate.
- Bake for half an hour and test till the tooth pick comes out almost clean.
- Cool for about an hour outside and then refrigerate.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: It is better to take the brownie out while the tooth still shows moist crumbs since the chocolate will continue to cook after taking it out from the oven. You can see the brownie in the first pic cut into pieces and second just out of the oven... :) yummy!!