And so started my quest for a moist peanut butter banana cake which ended up successful enough for me to blog about it!! Here goes!!!
2 1/3 cup flour
2 cup jaggery
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
2 eggs ligtly beaten
2 bananas mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Add the flour, jaggery, peanut butter, melted butter and mix it either with a wide spatula or best done by hand till it becomes a crumbly mixture.Reserve one cup of mixture for later use.
2. Now make a small well right in the middle of the mixture and add milk, eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
3. Mix all the ingredients well into a batter.
4. Meanwhile you need to pre-heat the oven to a 160 deg C
5. Grease a pan and pour the batter and then top it with the reserved crumble mixture.
6. Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes and ensure that the top mixture (crumble layer) does not get burnt.
7. Check if the cake is done by inserting a tooth pick. Enjoy the cake with some Butterscotch sauce. Awesome!!
Tip: If you feel the top of the cake is getting burnt then you may cover the top with Aluminium foil.